There are many ways to clean and maintain your headlights. Read this article if you want to keep clean your car headlights.
Everyone of you who loves his car needs his headlights to be clean. We have prepared this article for you to help you with this.
The easiest possible way , just wash it with clean water and a cloth. That will remove dust and mud on the headlight in a quick and easy process, with no need to spend money on additional products. We suggest you just buy a microfiber towel.
If your headlights are in a much worse condition, that they cannot be washed with water and a cloth, we have the answer to that.
Guide : Clean your headlights right now! (100% working)
If you do not want to spend a lot of money to wash your headlights, toothpaste and a toothbrush are the right choice for you.
Here is guide how to clean car headlights with toothpaste and toothbrush :
- Rub toothpaste into the headlight cover using a toothbrush
- Keep rubbing until you see the headlight is getting cleaner than before
- Use warm water onto the headlight and wipe away with a cloth
- There you go! You should now translucent headlight covers.
There are a few amazing cleaning kits on the world market that provide you with all the tools and steps needed to clear your dirty headlights.
The prices for professional cleaning kits are about $40-$80.
How to clean headlights with sandpaper:
- Remove headlight
- Wet headlight and 400-grit sandpaper with warm water
- Sand gently in circular motion, keeping the sandpaper and headlight wet
- Sand in horizontal lines to finish
- Using wet 600-grit sandpaper, sand in circular motion
- Clean headlight with water
- Using wet 2000-grit sandpaper, continue sanding
- Dry headlight, clean with water and apply a wax to protect the lens
Other ways to keep your headlights clean :
Some people use vinegar and baking soda, either alone or in combination, to clean their car headlights.
Using a microfiber cloth, or even a toothbrush, rub the vinegar, baking soda, or a combination of both into the headlight lens.
A coat of waxing compound can be added after the plastic dries to polish the headlight (buff the wax from the lens as you would when waxing a car).
You can try this low cost alternative and see how well it does, just know that any results will be temporary and that you will have to regularly perform this cleaning ritual to maintain the appearance of your headlights.
TEST IT OUT
If you followed all steps and still don’t see a big improvement, then it might be worth doing it over again with even more sanding. However, some lenses might just be too far gone and need either professional help.
We hope you are pleased and that you have learned something new. Leave a comment, pass this article to friends and stay tuned.